Environment & Sustainability
Our customers are leading global brands with clear Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) profiles. It is critically important for our customers that we, as their trusted production partner, support their ESG profiles.
With the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement, the direction is set for how companies can meaningfully contribute to solving some of the world’s biggest challenges.
Since our launch, TJ Squared has worked with a clear and explicit CSR profile. It is our responsibility, as a global company, to continually evaluate our ESG performance, and we are currently working towards creating our own ESG strategy, which we expect to publish by the end of June 2021.
Producing visual merchandising displays can typically be characterised by:
- Relatively large consumption of materials
- Assembling/attaching different materials to create the final display
- Transportation to individual point of sale
- Relatively short time usage
- Local disposal
Regarding the environmental dimension of our total ESG strategy, we are currently developing this within the following areas and topics:
To minimize the environmental impact from the production process, we are working towards always, to the broadest extent possible, offering sustainable solutions by:
- Certifications: Using certified material where possible, including FSC for wood-based products
- Materials: Using recycled and sustainable raw materials
- Production: Controlling and minimizing wastage from production, by optimized production methods and reusing of wasted raw materials
- Packaging: Optimizing packaging to reduce the amount of packaging materials utilised. Primarily using recycled cardboard-based materials to avoid using plastic-based packaging materials
- Transportation: Using methods of transport with the lowest CO2 impact
- Disposal: Creating solutions where displays can be easily disassembled for recycling and providing our customers with a recycling guideline for disposal of the display
To minimize our own environmental impact, we are working towards:
- Staff: Informing and educating employees about sustainable behaviour and practices to adopt at work and in daily life
- Air travel: Always offsetting our CO2 impact when using air transportation
- Travel: Motivating all staff to use public transportation, when commuting to and from work, by offering transportation allowance to all staff
- Disposal: Implementing office waste management by sorting and recycling garbage